Monday, May 18, 2015

Compare and Contrast



During the process of recreating Kandinsky’s painting, I thought to myself what would make this piece of artwork more fun and inviting. So I recreated it with multiple subject matters and provided the viewer the opportunity to view Kandinsky's circles in a different way; from inside the artwork. This approach would allow the viewers to have subject matter, defined space and multiple focal points. Instead of keeping the isolated circles flat and rigid, I applied them to geometric cubes as a means of providing the sense of space and subject matter. I also added poles that attach to the cubes from the ceiling above. This would provide a sense that the cubes are hanging in the air. Ultimately, this approach would help lead the viewer's eyes throughout the composition to all the subject matters. I maintained all the original colors Kandinsky used to keep the texture the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment